MATH, TAMIL & GENERAL KNOWLEDGE TESTS:
Contest Information for TAMIL COMMUNITY
Winston Churchill Collegiate Institute
(2239 Lawrence Ave E @ (Kennedy Rd.), Scarborough, ON M1P 2P7)
Montreal Murugan Temple.
2nd Location in Montreal may be announced, if needed.
Date & Time: Sunday March 05, 2016 @ 9.00 AM.
Time: 1 Hour for Math Test for all grades; 45 minutes for General Knowledge Test for all grades.
– Registration from at 9.30 AM to 9.45 AM
– General Knowledge Test will start at 10.00 AM and end at 10.45 AM.
– Washroom Break from 10.45Am to 11.05 AM.
(NO WASHROOM BREAK DURING THE TEST. PREPARE YOUR CHILD(REN) ACCORDINGLY)
– Math Test will start at 11.10 AM and end at 12.10 PM
Registration fee will be $25.00 for individual and $60.00 for a family with 3 or more candidates. Payment can be made by cash only.
MATH TEST: (For all grades)
10 questions in Part A, each correct answer is worth 2.5 marks,
10 questions in Part B, each correct answer is worth 4.5 marks,
5 questions in Part C, each correct answer is worth 6 marks and
26th question is worth 10 marks.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE TEST:
Grade1 & 2: Part A- 20 questions each for 3 marks (60) & Part B –10 questions each for 4 marks(40)
Grade 3 – 12: Part A-30 questions each for 2 marks(60) & Part B –10 questions each for 4 marks (40)
You must bring pencils, erasers, rulers, and compasses to the test. In the exam hall, the question paper, answer sheet and paper for rough work will be given. Hand over your answer sheets along with your rough papers & question paper at the end of test.
Cell phones and programmable calculators with graphic displays are NOT permitted.
Basic calculators without programming capabilities or graphic displays are allowed for Math, Grade 9 and above only.
Grades 1 & 2:
Please read the instructions carefully and mark your answer on your question paper:
Do not open the contest booklet until you receive the instructions from your supervisor.
On your question paper, print your index number in the box at the top
Mark your answer on your Question Paper.
This is a multiple-choice test except for the bonus question. Each question has four possible answers: A, B, C, D.
Use pencil to circle your choice completely on the question paper.
Write all necessary steps for solving the bonus question on the Math Test. It is a MUST.
Grade 3 to Grade 11 & 12:
Wait for the instructions from your supervisor before opening the contest booklet.
On your answer sheet, print your grade and index number in the box at the top.
This is a multiple-choice exam except for the bonus question on the Math Test.
Each multiple-choice question is followed by four possible choices marked A, B, C and D.
When you have decided on your choice, fill in the appropriate circle on the answer sheet with a pencil.
- To change your choice, completely erase the choice you want to change before you circle another choice. Answers with more than one choice will be marked wrong.
- There is no penalty for incorrect answers.
- Diagrams are not drawn to scale. They are intended as aids only.
- Write all necessary steps for solving the bonus question on the Math Test.
Montreal Paper Review (TBA) to be announced.
Review your Test Paper: (For Toronto Centre) If you wish.
– You can request to view the answer papers of your child on or before March 17th 2017,
by sending the following information by emailing to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Index # 2. First Name 3. Last Name. 4. Grade
– Those who opt to review the answer papers can do so on April 2nd 2017 from 9.30 A.M. to 11.30 A.M. Venue will be announced on our website and our Facebook a week after the test.
Contest results will be on our Facebook and our Website on April 15th 2017
Toronto: (647) 989-6477; (416) 568-4905; (416) 818-2977; (416) 451-8427
Montreal: (514) 513-7940; (514) 996- 4291; (514) 441-2141; (514) 826-6218; (514) 516-1634